January 13, 2023
1:00 pm CST - 2:30 pm CST
Held via Zoom
Allison Hauser, MA, Intern
This group will meet on the following days: Friday, January 13, 20, 27, February 3, 10 and Thursday, February 16, 2023, 1-2:30 pm.
*Limited to 9 participants.
For many Jews in America, we have found few places in recent years to chat openly without fear of judgment. Our Jewish therapist, Allison Hauser, would like to offer a space for safe and courageous conversation, exploration, and support.
The first Jewish support and process group will be a closed 6-week series intended to help heal the wounds of our Jewish psyche, overcome and break through limitations of habits and beliefs that no longer serve our personal growth, facilitate self and group insight, event/trauma processing, and cultural lineage healing amongst those who identify as Jewish or are of Jewish decent. Weekly discussion topics will range from contemporary events, family of origin, discrimination, and new Jewish movements.
- Week 1: Contemporary events and trauma activation (Ukraine, Defacement of Synagogues, Palestine, university campuses, Jewish names in media).
- Week 2: Jewish in everyday living (Microaggressions, stereotypes, culture clashes, Christian passing, assimilation, e.g.).
- Week 3: Growing up Jewish (Family of origin, memories, intermarriage, death/dying, food, money).
- Week 4: Jewish self-care and community-care (Tending to your home, altar, prayer, and loved ones. Creating your psychologically healthy and empowered version of being Jewish).
- Week 5: My version of Jewishness (Owning your form of Jewish life, lifestyle, and enough-ness). Tapping into your spirit of being Jewish.
- Week 6: The Present & Future Movements in Judaism (Feminist Kabbalah, Nature-based, Psychedelics, and empowering rituals to tap into your spiritual purpose and understanding how you contribute to the Jewish intention of Tikkun olam‘repair of the world’).
About the Instructor
Allison Hauser (they/she) is completing graduate studies in clinical mental health counseling with Northwestern University, March 2023. She is also an intern at the C. G. Jung Center, accepting clients at a reduced fee. In addition to being a counselor-in-training, consultant, speaker and writer, Allison walks the lifelong paths of professional international artist, healer, spiritualist, activist and musician. Find their work at allisonhauser.com, connect with them on LinkedIn, Twitter or YouTube, and contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Program CEUs are an additional $15 processing fee. Please note that CEUs are offered for the full group series only, not individual sessions. The CEUs will be processed and mailed at the end of the group.
Venue: Zoom: Presenter Hosted Group
This event will be hosted online through Zoom.
Further info will be provided after registration by the presenter.